Skip to main content

You Are Out of Order!

Something is Out of Order in Christ Geneaology.
Wasn't the line of Christ supposed to pass through the oldest sons?
Shouldn't Christ's ancestors be as pure as the driven snow?
This just doesn't seem right.
Why is Jacob here?
He was not the oldest
He schemed to get the birthright
Why is Judah here?
He is not the oldest.
His brother oldest brother Reuben, sinned against his father, but he is not even the second one. He is the 4th child. his father was a polygamist too.
Why is Pharez here?
He was technically not the oldest
He had a sketchy beginning, a mother who pretended to be a prostitute to get pregnant in that family line.
Why is Boaz here?
Boaz's mother was a citizen of Jericho a former counter espionage agent and a former prostitute.
He doesn’t have the right background
What’s Solomon doing here?
He was not the oldest nor was he the child of David's first wife.
His father,David, murdered his mother’s, Bathsheba's, first husband
Urijah. Solomon does not have the proper pure background for the Messiah.

In other words there is room in Christ for you and me.
Jesus,the Messiah, family line comes through various seedy trails and peculiar circumstances and Jesus was the Son of God. There room and hope for all of us in God's family. I may be out of order but I'm so glad I'm here. Merry Christmas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Domestic Violence - A Present and Ancient Problem

The Bible records the first horrific act of family violence in the story of Cain killing his brother Abel. God saw the anger that Cain was mistakenly harboring towards Abel.  God talked with Cain. God told Cain that he had an opportunity to correct his mistake. Consumed by jealousy Cain refused to change his attitude. . Cain continued to make Abel the target of his wrath. Cain chose rage over reason. He overpowered and killed his unsuspecting and innocent brother. Everything in creation was affected by Cain’s solitary action. Cain’s violence brought death to Abel, the disapproval of God, grief to the parents and a disillusioned life of hardship to himself. Even the earth found itself an unwilling participant as it was forced to receive Abel’s blood. Family violence has never been a confidential matter between the abuser and the abused. It disrupts life on so many levels and causes physical, mental, emotional and social pain to everyone. The injured party is no longer able to contrib

Elisha, a Lesson in Humility

One day I attended a meeting of believers. The facilitator of the meeting made several introductions being careful to give each person's title and a brief remark about how she knew the person. When she came to this one particular person she inadvertently did not mention the woman's title. Upon hearing the introduction this person's friend was offended. This person is a reverend she said loudly. I've also been present when a pompous person has declared their own title to make sure that he received special recognition. In this day of superstar preachers, evangelists, apostles, and song leaders, Elisha deserves to be studied. We can contrast this asking and thinking one deserves special privileges with Elisha. The custom of Elisha's day was for travelers to stay in private homes. The hotel industry had not started. Therefore when strangers came into town and needed to have a place to sleep the townspeople would invite them into their homes. They would let them bunk on

Songs in the Night

This week marks eight years since the sudden and unexpected passing of my late husband Winston. That was a strange land for me. The land of loss and death. At first I needed to hear others sing because the song in my heart was frozen with grief and I was traumatized. I’d sing God’s song later with help from others. There were tapes I listened to that reminded me of the Lord’s song. It was the voice on the radio or the television that told me God would bring me out of these trials. It was the voice of my mother telling me and reminding me of God’s faithfulness to me in the past. How could I sing the Lord’s song in a strange land? In the next phase on my journey through grief after the sudden death of my husband I tried to sing along with those who were on the journey with me At first I’d only get a few words out before the tears started to flow. I kept trying day after day to sing along. I was reminded of God’s word. I was strengthened by constantly hearing the words of faith and